Gokyo Lake Trekking
The Gokyo Lake trekking has large glaciers and lakes close to the base camp of Cho Oyu (8216m). This is a popular and classic trek in the upper reaches of the Khumbu valley. The Khumbu region is comprehensibly one of the most popular and spectacular destinations for adventure seekers and offers the best opportunity to achieve the Himalayan experience. This trek begins with a dramatic scenic flight to Lukla (2820m). On the second day we arrive at Namche Bazaar where acclimatization is required for the trek, resting for one day. This trek takes in the ascent of Gokyo Ri (5430m), from where you will have breath taking views and charming scenery. There are many glacial lakes in the surrounding area, which is most attractive for trekkers. The main destination is Gokyo Ri (5430m) from where Himalayan views including the world’s highest peak Everest (8848m), Cho Oyu (8216m) Lhotse (8540m) the fourth highest in the world and many more above 6000m can be seen. There is best option of Everest base camp trek. Everest base camp and Gokyo valley trek both can combine along Cho La Pass. It will be also perfect itinerary and great journey. We provide excellent services in regional price and perfect day to day itinerary for this trek.
Sagarmatha National Park is listed as a world heritage site, which covers the Everest region trek and offers spectacular views of the high mountains, as well as friendly Sherpa people, who break records to climb Everest, the highest mountain in the world. Himalayan wildlife commonly seen is musk deer, mountain goats, colorful pheasants and possibly the Monal, the national bird of Nepal. Rare species of Red Panda and Snow Leopard are also another attraction for visitors. Pine and birch trees are common here, as well as colorful rhododendron flowers welcomes you in the spring. Monasteries can be found in most places in the lower Khumbu region and fluttering flags can be seen everywhere. This is a popular classic trek making it a once in a lifetime experience.
Important Tips for Gokyo Valley Trek:
How to get in Gokyo Lake trek? Gokyo Lake Trekking is situated in Everest region trek in eastern part of Nepal. First of all Kathmandu to Lukla by flight or Kathmandu to Jiri by vehicle then trek will start along the Dudh Koshi River, Namche Bazar then not touching the Everest base camp trek continue head left trail then get Gokyo valley where explore the 5th Lake, huge glacier, & Mt. Everest, Cho yu then trek will continuously descend till Lukla fly back to Kathmandu.
What kind of People and their cultures, religion, dress up lifestyle in Gokyo Lake? The Gokyo lake area most of the people are living Sherpa and they have typical & tradition cultures, own languages, Buddhist religion, own dress up wearing thick clothes, they have many festivals celebrate each year as Mani Rimdung, Dumji festivals are main festivals, when the die or wedding they do own culturally, they always show warm hospitality to any clients. Sherpa are one of the strongest physically & always challenge with mountains as peak climbing, rock climbing are major professional and typical houses, can see yeti scull in khumjung monastery and school & hospital at Khumjung & khumde running by Adman Hillary & Ten zing Norgay foundation pretty nice.
What types of natural beauties can we see in Gokyo Lake Trek? Gokyo Lake is beautiful trekking spot where we could see mainly 5th lake & huge lakes, hug glacier, beautiful Everest & Choyu view point of Go Kyo Ri then many kind of birds including national bird as danfe & munal, dear, Yaks mountain goats, monkey, river, forest, many white snow peaks and hills.
What types of trekking gear do we need to prepare for Gokyo Lake trek? Gokyo valley trekking is getting such high altitude so most of the time weather is always cooling so must prepare warm enough clothing’s and gears as big jacket as down jacket, warm enough fleece, warm hat, gloves, warm enough sucks, warm trouser or trekking pains, some quick dry trekking t-short, half paint, warm enough negative sleeping bag, comfortable trekking boot, light sandal, head light, 2 liter water bottle, sun cream, sun glasses, day pack comfort bag etc.
Carry your important medicine: Medicine is very important if you have any disease you must carry the medicine with you. I mean “prevention is better than care” mountain region we can’t find any health care, clinic, and hospital if there is clinic you may not get according to your problem medicine. So; I humble request please prepare if you are continually taking the any medicine please. It is very important but our company will provide something first aid kid bag normally as headache, fever, stomach problem as diarrhea, cough & cool some bandage, tape & Diamox for high altitude sickness etc.
Trek: Gokyo Lake
Trek starts: Lukla
Trek duration: 14 days
Grade: Moderate to strenuous
Maximum altitude: 5430m
Minimum group size: One pax
Trek ends: Lukla
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Phakding (2652m) walking (4-5 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6-7 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 5: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar and visit the Khumjung valley where the school and hospital at Khunde was sponsored by Sir Edmund Hillary. The first views of Everest, Ama Dablam and Thamserku can be seen from here. Then trek back to Namche Bazaar and stay overnight in the same lodge.
Day 6: Trek to Dole (4200m) walking (6-7 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Machermo (4470m) walking (4-5 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 8: Trek to Gokyo (4760m) walking (4 hrs) after lunch visit 4th and 5th lakes then back to Gokyo. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 9: Early morning ascend Gokyo Ri (5430m) (2 hrs) and back to lodge then trek to Machermo walking (6-7 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Lukla (2800m) walking (7 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Fly to Kathmandu (35 minutes) and transfer to your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 13: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 14: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
I can customise this trek if you have more time.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses.
- One English speaking Government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation by flights etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Return transportation from Kathmandu to Lukla by flight.
- Sagarmatha National Park entry fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.