Helambu Valley Trekking
Helambu Valley is a short and easy trek within Langtang National Park and is easily accessed from Kathmandu. Helambu offers many Monasteries to visitors, Rhododendron forest colourful rhododendron flowers, superb mountain views, picturesque Sherpa settlements, friendly people and after all unspoiled culture of the area. This trek is more like a cultural trek than the mountain and glacier expeditions. The people here think of themselves as Sherpa’s, but their relationship with the Sherpa of Solu Khumbu is distant. The dialects spoken are also different. People here follow the Buddhist religion, so you will find many old Buddhist monasteries in the villages. Tarkegyang is another Sherpa town along the way, which bears its own story. Our trek starts from Kathmandu after driving by bus/car to Sundarijal, which is just 13km from Kathmandu. We then continue to ascend to Chisopani where we spend the first night just outside the valley. Chisopani offers great views of the mountains and landscape. We then almost make a full circle going through Kutumsang, Tharapati, Tarkeghyang, Sarmathang and finally to Melamchi Pul Bazaar where we take the bus back to Kathmandu.
Fact of TrekTrek: Helambu Valley
Trek start: Sundarijal
Trek duration: 12 days
Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
Max: Height: (3500m)
Minimum group size: One pax
Culture: Tibetan Sherpa Culture
Trek End: Melamchi Pul Bazaar
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Nepal Adventure Guide will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
• Kathmandu Durbar Square
• Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
• Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
• Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
• Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
• Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Sundarijal by private vehicle then trek to Chisapani (2215m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Kutumasang (2470m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Tharepati (3510m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Melanchigaon (2530m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2550m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Shermathang (2621m) waking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (846m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Melamchi Pul Bazaar to Kathmandu by bus (6 hrs) and stay at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 12: A representative of Nepal Adventure Guide will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.Price Includes:
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by private vehicle with a knowledgeable tour guide.
- Kathmandu to Sundarijal transportation by Taxi or Van depending on your group size
- Trek end point transportation to Kathmandu by Public Mini bus for staff and members
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Shivapuri National Park Entry Permit and applicable trekking permits
- Insurance and all expenses for trekking staff.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All government & local taxes.
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
I met Jaya in April 2007, who guided me on the Gokyo - Cho La pass - Everest Base Camp
The climbing peaks of Nepal can be broadly categorized into groups 'A' and 'B'. The categorization
Nepal is a multi-lingual, multi-religious and multi-ethnic country. As a result the number of
We provide you infinite choices of Hotel accommodations in Nepal ranging from
It is our pleasure to notify you that you can book both domestic international air
Tibet is a wealthy and gorgeous land with an average elevation over 4,000m
Jaya Gurung (Tour Operator)
Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal