Jiri Everest Base Camp Trekking
Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trekking is the characteristic Everest region trek. You will experience an unconquerable combination of natural beauty and cultural magnificence. The immense contrasts in altitudes, type of vegetation and mix of lifestyles are the main highlight of this trek. One can enjoy beautiful mountains views, verdant terraces and Himalayan streams and waterfalls as the trail crosses through villages and landscapes covered by rhododendron, magnolia and giant forests. The mountains to be sighted during the trek are Gaurishanker, Number Himal, Kwangde, Twache, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku and Everest.
Jiri to EBC Trekking begins at Jiri (1905m). The trail heads eastwards through the lovely forested hills of Solu and over the Lamjura La pass (3530m). Monasteries and uninterrupted mountain views lie ahead. The portion of the trek from Jiri to Lukla is often quiet and therefore much better trekking country. We cross the Lamjura La and Thaksindo before descending towards the raging river of the Dudh Koshi. We follow the “Dudh Koshi river” north through terraced hillsides and small villages to join the main Everest trail below Lukla. Jiri to Everest base camp trekking is one of the great trekking and up and down trail for Everest base camp great practice and enough acclimatization then through the Namche Bazar. Everest base camp trekking is one of the best selling trekking in Nepal and best treking in the world touching the highest mountain base camp and watching the highest mountain from highest places Kalapatthar 5545m. This trek makes wonderful to visitors and contact to us. Unique Nepal adventure treks and expedition pvt ltd arrange best trekking in cheap price qualities services. You may contact us anytime ready to share information to you. Then trek will end in Lukla by fly back. Lukla to Kathmandu 35 minutes.
Highlights of the trek
First cross the Lamjura La pass. Experience Sherpa culture in Junbesi. Explore the Sherpa museum in Namche Bazaar, panoramic view from Syangboche. Experience Sherpa culture in Khumjung village. Visit Tengboche Monastery. Spectacular views of glaciers from Everest Base Camp, the Khumbu glacier and magnificent mountain views from Kalapatthar.
Trek starts: Jiri
Trek duration: 25 days
Maximum altitude: 5545m
Grade: Strenuous & beautiful
Trek ends: Lukla
Day 1: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Kathmandu to Jiri (1905m) by bus (8 hrs) (188kms) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Shivalaya (1810m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 5: Trek to Bhandar (2250m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 6: Trek to Sete (2520m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Junbesi (2580m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 8: Trek to Nhuntala (2200m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 9: Trek to Bupsa (2370m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Surke (2400m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Phakding (2620m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar and visit the Khumjung village school and Khunde village hospital organized by Sir Edmund Hillary and Everest View Hotel from where we will see the first views of Everest and back to Namche Bazaar, stay overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Trek to Tengboche (3860m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 15: Trek to Dingboche (4340m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 16: Acclimatization day with an excursion to Narsyang peak (4960m) walking (5-6 hrs). It will be a great help for the success of climbing Kalapatthar and trekking to Everest Base Camp. We can see the fourth highest mountain in the world Lhotse (8516m) and the fifth highest Makalu (8463m). We will also be in front of the awe inspiring Ama Dablam (6812m) and be able to view the trekking peak Island Peak (6160m). Stay overnight at the same lodge in Dingboche.
Day 17: Trek to Lobuche (4930m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 18: Trek to Gorak Shep (5160m) walking (4 hrs) have lunch and head to Everest Base Camp (5380m) walking two and half hours then back to the lodge in Gorak Shep. This is the highest place to sleep on a trek in Nepal.
Day 19: Wake early morning and climb Kalapattar (5545m). It will take between 2 to 3 hours to ascend and an hour to descend. This is a fantastic view point to see the magnificent Everest (8848m) including Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7880m), Pumori (7145m) and many more peaks above 6000m to 7000m and back to hotel and eat breakfast and trek to Pheriche (4200m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 20: Trek to Tengboche (3860m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 21: Trek to Monjo (2825m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 22: Trek to Lukla (2800m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 23: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight (35 minutes) stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 24: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 25: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights) etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Return flight Kathmandu to Lukla including airport taxes.
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.