Langtang Ganjala Pass Trekking
Langtang Ganjala Pass Trekking begins at Dhunche and ends at Melamchi Pul Bazaar. We construct our way following the Langtang River to the east until we reach to Kyanjin Gompa (3840m). Kyanjin Gompa is surrounded by Langtang Lirung (7245m) to the west, Yala Peak (5550m) to the north, Dorje Lakpa (6966m), Urkeinmang (6387m), Loenpo Gang (6979m) and Kangchenpo (6720m) in the northeast. There is a small Buddhist monastery and a cheese factory started in 1955 by the Swiss Association for Technical Assistance in Kyanjin Gompa. A spectacular view of Langtang Lirung can be achieved during the pass cross. The highest point of this trek is Ganja La Pass (5106m). On the very pass of Ganja La, the last few 100m of trail is precarious, so we use a rope for safety and the utmost care is necessary. Ganja La pass trekking is one of the adventure pass (5106m) but spectacular sceneries from top of pass mountain views and green views. It gives so adventure pass did it. Langtang Ganjala Pass Trekking is beautiful trekking pass walking alone the Langtang valley trek cross the Ganjala Pass then ending through the Helambu trek
Langtang Ganjala Pass Trekking is In Langtang region, the people from Tibetan origin are living, but they introduce themselves as Tamang or Gurung. Leaving the Ganja La Pass, the trail takes you to Melanchigaon and Tarkeghyang. We meet Sherpa people here, but they have got a different relationship with those people from the Solu Khumbu. The dialects spoken are also different, but they also follow the Buddhist religion so we find many old Buddhist monasteries in the villages. Along the way, we meet another Sherpa town called Tarkeghyang, which bears its own story. Tarkeghyang means “100 horses” and was taken from the name of a temple established in 1727 by a Lama (Buddhist monk) who was called on by the king of Kathmandu (Kantipur) to stop an epidemic. The Lama asked for 100 horses, which he brought here, as a reward. The local temple that was rebuilt in 1969 is designed in the Bhutanese style.
Trek: Langtang / Ganja La pass and Tarkeghyang
Trek starts: Dhunche
Trek duration: 15 days
Trek style: Tea house & Camping
Maximum altitude: 5106m
Trek ends: Melamchi Pul Bazaar
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1467m) by bus (9 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2860m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tented camp.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village (3560m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tented camp.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin gompa (3840m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tented camp.
Day 07: Excursion day Kyanjin Ri (4740m) or Tserku Ri (5000m) climbing (three to four hours to ascend and back down in one and a half hours) stay overnight at same lodge or in tented camp.
Day 08: Trek to Ngegang (4500m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 09: Ganja La Pass (5106m) and trek to Keldang (4370m) walking (8 hrs) stay at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek to Dukpu (3400m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2550m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or tented camp.
Day 12: Trek to Sermathang (2621m) waking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (846m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Melamchi Pul Bazaar to Kathmandu by bus (6 hrs) and stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by private vehicle with professional tour guide.
- Three nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast before trek two nights and after trek one night.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in tea houses and camping in twin shared tents with mattress and camping and kitchen equipments, toilet tent, shower tent, dining tent, dining tables, chairs, etc.
- All entrance Permit fees according to rules and regulations.
- Transportation by bus from Kathmandu to Dhunche and from Melamchi Pul Bazaar to Kathmandu.
- First aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- Assistant guide, cook, assistant cook and porters.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for guides and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights) etc.
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.