Langtang Gosaikunda Trekking
Langtang Gosaikunda Trekking is an eminent trekking route in the Langtang region. It takes you through the charming and remote Langtang valley, to the Hindu’s holy lake at Gosaikunda, and to the Sherpa villages of the Helambu. It offers trekkers and adventurers to follow in Bill Tillman’s wake and re-live the Himalayan passes, pristine valleys and diverse ethno- cultures he found in 1949. Though easily accessible from Kathmandu, it remains relatively unspoiled and less developed. Several great days of pleasant trekking through dense forest and traditional ethnic settlements takes you to the holy Gosaikunda Lake and the alpine yak pasture of Kyanjin Gompa, while the mountain views are authentically inspiring. Over the years this area has become one of the most sacred pilgrimage sites for Shamans (traditional witch doctors) as well as many Hindu and Buddhist devotees. A cross over the Laurabinayak pass at an altitude of 4620m has views into Tibet which are simply breathtaking. Here there are places that have cheese factories produced from the milk of the yak female in the months of August and September. You can visit these factories and you can taste the cheese. These places are in Langtang village, Kyanjin Gompa and Sing Gompa. Langtang Gosaikunda Trekking is short and nice trekking in Nepal Gosain kunda is holy lake where is beautiful lakes and many pilgrimage will fo there. it is in along the Langtang valley trekking rout.
The Gosainkunda trek starts at Syabru Besi, about eight hours drive form Kathmandu. We will pass rice fields, trek through rhododendron and pine forests abound with plenty of birds and in a short time, come to alpine pastures and view snow-peaked mountains. After trekking through Langtang valley we then trek to Singh Gompa (one of the biggest monasteries in the region) and then ascend to the holy Gosaikunda Lake with an excursion around the lake. Next morning cross over Laurabinayak La and trek to Helambu valley offering amazing Himalayan views including Gaurishanker, Dorje Lakpa and Rolwaling. The Helambu valley offers Tibetan Sherpa culture, lush valleys and much more. Finally the trek ends at Sundarijal and Melamchi Pul Bazaar where we take the bus or private vehicle back to Kathmandu.
some important tips for Gosainkunda trek
Hot to get in Gosainkunda Trek? Gosainkunda trekking is situated in Langtang valley trekking north part of Nepal joining with Tibet border. Trek start from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi by local or private vehicle 7 hours drive from Kathmandu then next day trek will start. Trek will be first in Langtang valley then return to Gosainkunda Holy lake area then cross the high pass and trek will end near the Kathmandu in Sundarijal.
What kind of people, culture, religion, and languages can we explore in Gosainkunda Trek? The people are Tamang ethnics they have typical lifestyle and farming. They have typical houses build by mud, stone & wood. They are Buddhism & speak own languages and they have typical cultures. They have many yaks & producing cheese in Kyanging Gompa & in Gosainkunda part in sing gompa. These areas cheese are very testy. They make some kind of clothes and wear made by yak & sheep’s wool get warm. Most of the people they are farmer they produce many kind of crops and they use for food. They are Buddhist religion and they have many monasteries often pray in special occasion. They are very familiar and so kind as well as they show warm hospitality to their guest. The Gosainkunda region is religious area and beautiful trekking rout.
What kind of nature beauty could we see in Gosainkunda trek? Gosainkunda trekking is one of the naturally beautiful places where we can see colorful flowering, pine trees, river, green hill, white snow peaks etc. so, various wild animals could see even in the world disappearing red panda mainly find in Gosainkunda trekking region as well as snow leopard. The trekking is very special with wildlife animals and various vegetation we can explore in Gosainkuna and main special is Gosainkunda is holy lake where is Hindus lord Shiva used to stay at the secret places in 4320m heights. There is more than 108 lakes but something 0-12 lakes we can see and main is Gosainkunda then Bhairab kunda etc. Gosainkunda trekking is one of natural beautiful trekking spot.
What kind of trekking gears do we need for Gosainkunda trekking? Gosainkunda trekking is one of the medium trekking but most of the time weather is cooling so must prepare for warm enough & comfort trekking clothes as jackets, good sleeping bag, trekking boot, some pair walking comfort paints, fleece, some, T-shorts fine then comfort day pack and 2 letter water bottle, sun cream, sun hat, head light etc.
Carry your important medicine: Medicine is very important if you have any disease you must carry the medicine with you. I mean “prevention is better than care” mountain region we can’t find any health care, clinic, and hospital if there is clinic you may not get according to your problem medicine. So; I humble request please prepare if you are continually taking the any medicine please. It is very important but our company will provide something first aid kid bag normally as headache, fever, stomach problem as diarrhea, cough & cool some bandage, tape & Diamox for high altitude sickness etc.
Syabru Besi – Kyanjin Gompa – Gosaikunda – Chisapani – Sundarijal (16 Days)
Trek: Langtang Gosaikunda
Trek starts: Syabru Besi
Trek duration: 16 days
Grade: Moderate to strenuous
Maximum altitude: 4620m
Minimum group size: One pax
Culture: Tibetan Sherpa Culture Trek ends: Sundarijal
Trip Itinerary for 16 days:
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1470m) by bus (8-9 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2805m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Langtang village (3540m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3840m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: There are three options for an excursion day to climb up and explore the following peaks. Kyanjin Ri (4770m), Tserko Ri (4980m) and Yala Peak (5500m) walking (4 hrs). We then go back to Kyanjin Gompa and stay overnight at the same lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel (2805m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Syabru village (2200m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Cholangpati (3585m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Gosaikunda Lake (4360m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Tharepati (3500m) we have to cross over the pass of Laurabinayak La (4620m) walking (8 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Trek to Kutumsang (2500m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Trek to Chisapani (2100m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 15: Trek to Sundarijal (1370m) walking (4 hrs) and back to Kathmandu by vehicle taking an hour and stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 16: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Three nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast before trekking two nights after trekking one night.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation by local bus or by private vehicle etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Transportation at the beginning and end of trek by private vehicle from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi and Sundarijal to Kathmandu.
- Langtang National Park entrance fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.