Langtang Valley Trekking
Langtang is towards the north of the Kathmandu Valley and just south of the Tibetan boarder. It is sandwiched between the main Himalayan range to the north and a slightly lower range of snowy peaks to the south to the west of Langtang and Ganesh Himal with a range of 6,000 to 7,000 meters. The northern parts of the area largely fall within the boundaries of Langtang National Parks. The trek commences Kathmandu to Dunche or sybrubesi by vehicle bus or private jeep then start trek. It is everyday wonderful walking up and down and slopes gradual. Thulo Syabru is one of main village in this region explore the local people and culture. Langtang valley is situated quite height something 3500m. It is quite big village and they do typically farm growth Potatos, wheat, buck wheat and much more vegetable as well as they have lots of yaks. There is yak cheese factory. Everyone has lots of yak male and female and you have to try real cheese from yak and you can see real when they are producing. 6000m to 7200m mountain peaks are lots when you get main destination as Kyanging Gompa (3800m) your feeling will feel as dream because all round Himalaya and sleep between there. Then your hike will be Kyanging Ri (4600m) or Tserku Ri (5000m) it will be great view of Highest Langtang Lirung (7200m) and Ganesh Himala (7422m) as well as much more peaks.
The main ethnic groups here are Tamang whose religious practices, languages and dress are much similar to those of Tibet. They have similarly because many years ago people settled from Tibet. They have similar culture and languages and dress as Tibetan. Langtang Valley offers an opportunity to explore villages, climb small peaks and visit glaciers at a comfortably low elevation. The forests in this region have temperate and sub- alpine vegetation. Wildlife includes migratory birds, deer, monkeys, Thar, and Pika as well as Red panda. The scenery here is spectacular and the trekking is more adventurous. Of course after this trek you will feel unforgettable trek I did in Nepal from local culture and natural beauties.
The main highlights of the Langtang Excursion Trek are Langtang National Park, Thulo Syabru(2230m), Langtang valley (3500m), Kyangjing Gompa (3800m), Excursion Kyanjing Ri (4600m) and Tserku Ri (5000m), Yak Cheese factory, typical Tamang villages and diversity of flora and fauna.
Trek: Langtang valley
Trek start: Dunche
Trek duration: 13 days
Grade: Moderate to Strenuous
Max: Height: (4600m)
Minimum group size: One pax
Culture: Tibetan Budhist & Tamang Culture
Trek end: Syabru Besi
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Nepal Adventure Guide will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 04: Trek to Syabru Valley (2260mtr) approximately time (6-7) hours Stay Overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Lama Hotel to (2460mtr) approximately time (7-8) hours Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Langtang valley (3430 mtr) approximately time (7 hours) Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3870m) Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Ascend to Kyanjin Ri 4600mtr then back to same Hotel’
Day 09: Trek to Lama Hotel (2460mtr) Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Syabru Besi 6 hours Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Syabru Besi to Kathmandu drives 9 hours and stay in Kathmandu at Hotel.
Day 12: Relax in Kathmandu and shopping some gift from Nepal.
Day 13: A representative of Nepal Adventure Guide will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses. (If the trek is for camping, then the text will be - Twin shared tents with mattress)
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for guide and porters - meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/private vihicle) etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Transportation at the beginning and end of trek by private vehicle or by bus from Kathmandu to Dunche and Syabru Besi to Kathmandu.
- Langtang National Park entrance fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee and departure tax. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
I met Jaya in April 2007, who guided me on the Gokyo - Cho La pass - Everest Base Camp
The climbing peaks of Nepal can be broadly categorized into groups 'A' and 'B'. The categorization
Nepal is a multi-lingual, multi-religious and multi-ethnic country. As a result the number of
We provide you infinite choices of Hotel accommodations in Nepal ranging from
It is our pleasure to notify you that you can book both domestic international air
Tibet is a wealthy and gorgeous land with an average elevation over 4,000m
Jaya Gurung (Tour Operator)
Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal