Lobuche Peak Climbing
Labuche peak climbing is one of the best adventure funs in Everest region along the Everest base cam trekking trail. Lobuche peak is 6119m and great and massive view from top. It commences Lukla flight from Kathmandu then continues along the Namche bazar heart of Sherpa People then Everest base camp first after that climb to Lobuche peak because Everest base camp and Kalapathhar are more than enough altitude great acclimatization. The peak climb is best peak climbing in Nepal.
Lobuche Peak Climbing at 6119m is a popular trekking peak in the Everest region region. It is an attractive summit and offers various routes for climbing and is one of the most challenging. The normal route for climbing is over the South Ridge. Lobuche East Peak consists of several small summits and the true summit requires climbing steep snow and ice slopes to the top from the summit ridge.
We follow the main Everest Base Camp trekking route up to Pheriche and then trek to Dughla. Lobuche Peak Base Camp will be set up at 4950m near a lake in a rocky hollow at the base of the glaciated South-West Face. The views of Ama Dablam, Cholatse, Thamserku, Kantega and Tawache are superb from here. We climb steep stone terraces and snow slopes just below the main glaciers on the South-West Face of Lobuche East. We climb steep snow and ice slopes using fixed ropes and get access to the ridge overlooking Lobuche and the Khumbu Glacier where we fix the high camp.
We follow the sharp snow ridge to the summit ridge. We then follow the route north-west towards the main summit, passing several small snow bumps and reach a notch. We then further climb steep and quite difficult snow slopes to the true summit. The peak can be climbed from the East Face by climbing a dark pyramid of slab rock and join the South Ridge to get to the summit. After success the summit all the way down to Namche via Lukla then fly back to Kathmandu.
Fact of Treks
Trek: Lobuche Peak
Trek starts: Lukla
Trek duration: 21 days
Grade: Moderate and challenging
Walking each day: 6-7 hrs
Maximum altitude: 6119m
Minimum altitude: 2620m
Trek ends: Lukla
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: An early morning flight to Lukla (40) minutes and trek to Phakding (2620m) and walking (4-5) hours. Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6-7) hours. Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 5: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar with a visit to Khumjung village school and Khunde village hospital organized by Sir Edmund Hillary. We will also visit Everest View Hotel from where we will see the first views of Everest as well as Lhotse (8516m), Ama Dablam (6775m) Thamserku (6780m) and return to Namche Bazaar. Stay overnight at the same guest house.
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche (3860m) walking (6 hrs). Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 7: Trek to Dingboche (4410m) walking (6-7) hours. Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 8: Acclimatization day at Dingboche walking (5 hrs) Chukkung valley or climb up Narshang top (4980m) and back to same place. Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 9: Trek to Lobuche (4910m) walking (5-6 hrs). Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 10: Trek to Gorak Shep (5153m) walking (3-4 hrs), then visit Everest Base Camp (5380m) and stay overnight at guest house.
Day 11: Early Morning climb Kalapatthar (5545m) taking 2-3 hrs to ascend and an hour to descend. Take an early lunch and trek to Lobuche (4960m) walking (3 hrs). Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 12: Trek to high camp (5357m) walking (6 hrs) stay at overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Earlier morning start and climb to the summit (6119m) then back to camp.
Day 14: Trek to Lobuche (4960m) walking (6 hrs). Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 15: Trek to Pangboche (3970m) walking (7-8hrs). Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 16: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6-7 hrs). Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 17: Trek to Phakding (2610m) walking (5 hrs). Stay overnight at guest house or onto Lukla.
Day 18: Trek to Lukla (2840m) walking (4-5 hrs). Stay overnight at guest house.
Day 19: An early morning 7am flight back to Kathmandu and stay overnight at your selected hotel.
Day 20: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 21: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses and camping at Lobuche Peak.
- All necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One climbing Sherpa and all of his expenses.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy and extra porters.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights) etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Return transportation from Kathmandu to Lukla by flight.
- Lobuche Peak climbing permit fee.
- Sagarmatha National Park fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Climbing equipment such as climbing boots, crampon, etc. You can hire these items in Nepal.
Releted Area Trek
|1. Mera Peak Climbing|
|2. Island Peak Climbing|
|3. Lobuche Peak Climbing|
|4. Pisang Peak Climbing|
|5. Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing|
|6. Chulu West Peak Climbing|
|7. Yala Peak Climbing|
|8. Paldor Peak Climbing|