Makalu Trekking sited in the eastern part of Nepal is secluded by the Makalu Barun National Park and Conservation Project, established in 1992. The park covers 2330 sq kms and is the home of Makalu (8463m), the fifth highest peak in the world. Along with this peak there is Chamlang (7319m) and Baruntse (7129m). Makalu trek is in Everest region Makalu barun region best trek in Nepal and high passes trek. Makalu is 5th highest mountain in world and 4th highest in Nepal. It is one of the expedition Mountain in Nepal and beautiful Mountain. Makalu Trekking is one of the great trekking in eastern part of Nepal in Everest region makalu barun region and high passes trekking we arrange camping trek
Makalu Trekking is in a restricted area and it is considered to be low altitude trekking. However, we have trekking in the Arun valley seeing the dense forests, terraced slopes, alpine meadows along the trail and up to the Barun glacier to reach base camp, where we have spectacular views of Makalu. You will also see the diverse tribal groups residing in unity. The Makalu Barun National Park is an important conservation area of many species, which are on the verge of extinction.
Trek starts: Tumlingtar
Trek duration: 25 days
Maximum altitude: 4920m
Minimum altitude: 510m
Minimum group size: 1 pax
Trek ends: Tumlingtar
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Fly to Tumlingtar (510m)/ Camp
Day 4: Trek to Mani Bhajyang (1180m)
Day 5: Trek to Chichira (1910m)
Day 6: Trek to Num (1560m)
Day 7: Trek to Navagaon (2140m)
Day 8: Trek to Tashigaon (2250m)
Day 9: Trek to Kauma (3610m)
Day 10: Trek to Mumbuk (3815m) cross via Shipton La (4216m)
Day 11: Trek to Nehe Kharka (3620m)
Day 12: Trek to Jangma Le (4410m)
Day 13: Trek to Hillary Base Camp (4920m)
Day 14: Trek to Makalu Base Camp (4860m)
Day 15: Trek to Jangma Le
Day 16: Trek to Tematan Kharka (3460m)
Day 17: Trek to Lake near Tutu La (4030m)
Day 18: Trek to Tashigaon (2250m) cross via Shipton La (4216m)
Day 19: Trek to Seduwa (1408m)
Day 20: Trek to Num (1560m)
Day 21: Trek to Gogune (1990m)
Day 22: Trek to Tumlingtar (510m)
Day 23: Fly to Kathmandu and stay in your selected hotel.
Day 24: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 25: A representative ofUnique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in a few simple lodges, but mainly camping in twin shared tents with mattress.
- All necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy and extra porters.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights) etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Return transportation from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar by flight.
- Makalu entry permit fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
Related Area Trek
|1. Manaslu Trekking|
|2. Tsum Valley Trekking|
|3. Tsum Valley Manaslu Trekking|
|4. Rupina La Trekking|