Mera Peak Climbing
Mera Peak Climbing gives an opportunity to all the experienced trekkers and amateur climbers who dreams and dares to stand on a Himalayan summit with a sense of great achievement. Amongst the trekking peaks in Nepal, Mera peak (6476 m) is the highest permitted trekking peak, situated to the south of Everest dominating the watershed of the thickly wooded and remote Hinku valley. In this Mera Peak trek we arrange tea house and camping. It is not mandatory that you have prior climbing experience, as this is a non-technical trekking climbing peak in Nepal. But we must spend night at Mera high camp 5800m. It is beautiful peak from where view will be outstanding including Everest above the 8000m all in Everest region. Mera Peak climbing is one of the outstanding trekking peak from where climber can have view all of five above eight thousand peaks. It makes wonderful journey. Mera Peak Climbing is authentic adventure, 13/15 days itinerary, need climbing permit and experienced sherpa climber, wilderness trek and sherpa community.
It commences from Kathmandu flying to Lukla (2820m) in 35 minutes. The trail then crosses over the pass of Zatrwa La (4640 m) and then onto the beautiful village Quarte (3510m). A further three days trekking takes us to Khare (4900m) and here we should acclimatization for the success of Mera Peak, before advancing to Base Camp. Even though the Mera Peak Climbing expedition is technically straightforward, there are some crevasses to movement around, and the route can be long and demanding after a fresh snowfall. The climb from Mera La (5415 m) on the northern face to the summit is gradual with an outstanding mountain panorama of the Eastern Nepal Himalayas always in sight. The peaks visible include Everest (8848m), Cho-Oyu (8201m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463 m), Kanchenjunga (8586m), Nuptse (7855 m) and Chamlang (7319 m) amongst many more above 6000m and below 8000m. Mera peak climbing is one of the best views for Everest region eastern part mountain’s including highest 3rd Kanchenjunga 8586m. it is real trekking peak means not too worse trail but last part 40 meter is technically difficulty but we use all climbing gears for safety.
We will organize a special basic climbing clinic course at Mera Peak base camp instructed by the Climbing Guide, to ensure that you have necessary climbing skills and have the confidence to summit successfully.
Highlight of Mera Peak:
Mera peak is one of the most beautiful peak from where view of above the 8 thousand meter 5 mountains which are situated in eastern part and world’s highest mountains as Mt. Everest 8848m, Kanchenjunga 8586m, Lhotse 8516m, Makalu 8436 & Cho Oyu 8202 m these mountains are above the 8 thousand in Everest region world has 14 mountain but Nepal has 8 & other country have 6. The mera top is one of the best viewing above the 6000m white snow peak as well as low land of hilly region its massive viewing peak climbing. Related peak in Everest region Island Peak 6160 m & Lobuche Peak 6300m also very nice and famous peak to climb.
Start from Kathmandu to Lukla flight then trek to right part of Everest region means not along the Everest region it is in Makalu Barun part. It is beautiful something 13 day’s program and can summit. Starting of couple of days must cross the 4600m Jatrala it makes great acclimatize to do Mera Peak. There is some local village but not too many people living and they have mainly yak and cow animals. It is easy access and easy climbing peak as trekking peak but need to spend the night highest places is Mera High camp 5800m. It is one of the best peak climbing in Nepal and main attraction villages are Quarty, Thagna & Khare. The Mera Peak climb makes so much delighted to anyone who wants to climb the trekking peak.
Fact of Treks
Trek: Lobuche Peak
Trek starts: Lukla
Trek duration: 13 to 15 days walking
Grade: Moderate to challenging
Maximum altitude: 6476 m
Accommodation: Lodge or tent
Best months: Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec & Mar-Apr-May
Group size: Minimum 1 pax
Trek ends: Lukla
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Early morning flight to Lukla (2820m) stay overnight at lodge here and prepare for trek.
Day 04: Trek to Chhutanga (3310m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tent.
Day 05: Trek to Chhetrabu (4170m) walking (7 hrs) and cross over the pass of Zatrwa La (4640m) stay overnight at lodge or in tent.
Day 06: Trek to Quarte (3510m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tent.
Day 07: Trek to Tagna (4350m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tent.
Day 08: Trek to Khare (4900m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tent.
Day 09: Acclimatisation day, trekking to the Mera La (5415 m) and back to Khare (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tent.
Day 10: Trek to Mera High Camp (5800m) walking (5-6 hrs) stay overnight in tent.
Day 11: Early morning start with tea or coffee and start to climb at 2 or 3am and we will summit around 9 or 10am Take in the views and back to camp for a hot meal and then trek to Khare (4900m) walking more than (10 hrs).
Day 12: Trek to Quarte (3510m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tent.
Day 13: Trek to Chhetrabu (4170m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge or in tent.
Day 14: Trek to Lukla (2820m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 15: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight (35 minutes) stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 16: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pickup and drop off by private vehicle.
- Three nights in Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses and camping.
- All necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One climbing Sherpa and all of his expenses.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy and extra porters.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights) etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Return transportation from Kathmandu to Lukla by flight.
- Mera Peak climbing permit fee.
- Sagarmatha National Park fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees).
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Climbing equipment such as climbing boots, crampon, etc. You can hire these items in Nepal.
Related Area Trek
|1. Mera Peak Climbing|
|2. Island Peak Climbing|
|3. Lobuche Peak Climbing|
|4. Pisang Peak Climbing|
|5. Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing|
|6. Chulu West Peak Climbing|
|7. Yala Peak Climbing|
|8. Paldor Peak Climbing|