Paragliding in Nepal
Paragliding in Nepal is a fairly new adventure sport in Nepal. Paragliding in Nepal is best adventure fun in Nepal and exploring Annapurna region mountains, Machhapurchhre and fewa lake viewing from paragliding fly.It is a great way to fly in the sky looking at the magnificent scenery around. It starts with a 30 minute drive from Pokhara to Sarangkot hill and rise early in the morning and you will see spectacular views with the sunrise. It will be about an hour’s flying and the landing will be near the Pokhara lake side. You will be able to see the spectacular panoramic mountain views such as Dhaulagiri (8167m), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Machhapuchhre ( Fish Tail) (6993m), Annapurna II (7937m) and Manaslu (8163m) Paragliding in this Himalayan country can be a truly superb and fulfilling experience for the adventure-seekers. You can experience unequalled attractive splendor as you share airspace with Himalayan griffin vultures, eagles, kites, while floating over villages, monasteries, temples, lakes and jungles, with a fantastic view of the majestic Himalayas. Paragliding provides an opportunity to observe life and nature from the air. The last three years have seen the activity flourish in Pokhara, and it is now an internationally recognized destination for free-flight enthusiasts. If you do this trip once in your lifetime, you will have a wonderful experience that you will thoroughly enjoy.
Day 1: Kathmandu to Pokhara by bus (202kms) (6-7 hrs) or by flight (35 minutes). It is a wonderful journey by bus as well as by flight too. Pokhara is the second biggest city in Nepal situated beside beautiful Fewa Lake and magnificent mountain ranges to the north. It is a relaxing city where you can enjoy the atmosphere and have great fun. Stay overnight at a hotel near the lake side.
Day 2: Early morning start and drive to Sarangkot, which has some of the best views point of Annapurna Himalaya range, as well as many more mountain views such as Dhaulagiri (8167m) Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna South (7219m), Machhapuchhre (6993m), Manaslu (8163m) and many more peaks. Paragliding will start around 9am and the program will last around an hour and a half. You will paraglide amongst the thermals above the hill around Fewa Lake and the Sarangkot region taking in the amazing scenery. You will land near the lake side beside Pokhara. Stay overnight at Hotel.
Day 3: Pokhara to Kathmandu by bus (202kms) (6-7 hrs) or by flight (35 minutes). Stay overnight at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
- All the transportation by flight, local bus or by private vehicle during the program
- During the program (lunch, dinner and breakfast with tea or coffee)
- All the necessary equipment for your program
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
Related Area Trip
|1.Paragliding in Nepal|
|2. Ultra Light Aircraft|
|3. Bungee Jump|
|4. Mountain Flight|