SunKoshi River Rafting
SunKoshi River Rafting is one of the world’s top ten white water expeditions. The river rises near Shisha Pangma in Tibet and run eastwards draining the highest mountain of the world. It emerges on to the northern plains of India where it joins the Ganges. The white water of Sun Koshi is Biblical, which is huge and expedition size rafts disappear into the vastness of crashing waves and rolling, boiling water. There are no roads or towns, just the occasional picturesque village and friendly shouts of “Namaste” from the bank -this is a spoilt, rural Nepal at the best. All along the river, are beautiful large white sandy beaches for camping, and the lower section of the river heavily forested with troops of monkeys and exotic birds. If you do this trip once in your lifetime, you will have a wonderful experience that you will thoroughly enjoy. SunKoshi River Rafting is one of the great adventure fun rafting in Nepal where trekkers can enjoy very much and have fun so much in sunkoshi river rafting.
Rafting name: Sun Koshi River Rafting
Rafting permit: Compulsory
Rafting duration: 7 days
River distance: 260 kms
Group size (per boat): 1 to 8 people
Rafting type: Tent Camp / Organize
Water volume: 40 Cumecs
River grade: 4-5
Departure: Any days as you require
Best season: Spring and autumn
Transport: By drive or by flight
We provide you high quality equipment such as a self bailing raft, American Cup life jackets, white water helmets, Carlisle paddles, advance rescue Kayaks, 100 percent water proof barrels, dry bags, first aid kit, two person tent, dry jacket, sleeping bags, mattress and professional raft guide. (Well trained on emergency, medical, technical and River safety).
We are always conscious of serving hygienic yummy meals, sterilized drinking water on the trips. Our chefs are Knowledgeable in Nepalese and international cuisines. The vegetables are iodine treated. We provide tin packed and fresh food.
All our guides are skilled outdoorsmen, superb chefs and great companions. Our guides are trained at international standards and have spent several years rowing for leading raft companies.
What should I bring for rafting?
On the Raft Off the Raft
Trainer/Teva type sandals
Warm fleece jacket
Good sleeping bag
Day 1: Departure from Kathmandu.
Day 2: Encounter rapid Mid-grander.
Day 3: Encounter rapids Punch & Judy, high anxiety, Motorcycle, Harkapur 1, 2, 3. Stop at Raighat for over-night.
Day 4: Encounter rapids Jaws, Big-hole, and Rhino Rock. We stay overnight at Rashuwaghat.
Day 5: Chamereghat, Darsandhungat; Camping point will be at Ranitar.
Day 6: Chatara – Kathmandu.
Day 7: This is the last day of our Sun Koshi river rafting. On the same morning, we arrive in Kathmandu.
- During rafting full board of meals such as (lunch, dinner and breakfast with tea or coffee).
- Raft guides, cooks and helpers.
- Accommodation in tents or lodges.
- Return transportation from Kathmandu.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
Related Area Trek
|1. Trisuli Rever Rafting|
|2. Bhotekoshi River Rafting|
|3. Sunkoshi River Rafting|
|4. Kaligandaki River Rafting|
|5. Seti River Rafting|
|6. Karnali River Rafting|
|7. Arun River Rafitng|
|8. Marshyandi River Rafitng|