Tibet Lhasa Tour
Tibet Lhasa Tour, the capital of the Tibet is located between 290 36′N and 190 06′ E at the north bank of Kyichu river, a tributary of the Yarlung Tsangpo River, at an altitude of 3650m above sea level. Lhasa has a history of more than 1300 years and has been the centre of politics, economy, culture and religion. Pung Monastery was founded in 1416 by Jamyang Choje, a disciple of Tsongkapa, the founder of Gelugpa Sect. The monastery, occupying an area of 250,000sqms with a fixed number of 7,700 monks, is the largest monastery in Tibet. The monastery keeps many historical relics, Buddhist scriptures, arts and crafts. Tibet Lhasa tour is one of the best tour to explore the Tibetan life style and Potala palace where was Dalai Lama was born. It is best historical and ancient city exploration tour in Tibet tour. We arrange best tour and every thing would be better.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Kathmandu to Lhasa: Fly to Gongar airport and drive to Lhasa through the Yerlung Tsangpo and the Lhasa Kyichu River. Stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 4: Lhasa exploration day:
Morning visit to Potala palace, the seat of both religion and politics in Tibet. It was built in the 7th century by Tibetan King Songtsen Gampo and later renovated by the 5th Dalai Lama in the 17th century. After lunch visit Sera monastery, 5 kilometres north of Lhasa city. It was built in 1419 by Jamchen Choeji, a disciple of Tsongkhapa, the founder of the Gelugpa sect. Sera are one of the three major monasteries of yellow sect in Tibet. Stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 5: Lhasa exploration day:
Morning visit to Drepung monastery, the largest monastery of the Gelugpa sect in Lhasa, which was built in 1416 by Jamyang chojie a disciple of Tsongkhapa. Afternoon visit to Jokhang Temple and Barkhor market, this is the holiest shrine in Tibet and houses the golden statue of the Shakyamuni Buddha, which was brought to Tibet by the Chinese princes Wenchen. Stay overnight at a hotel.
Day 6: Lhasa to Kathmandu:
Transfer to the airport from Lhasa city and fly back to Kathmandu or to your onward destination.
Day 7: Departure:
Final departure to your onward destination.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- Four nights in a Lhasa hotel.
- Kathmandu to Lhasa and Lhasa to Kathmandu air ticket with airport departure tax.
- Tibet Travel Permit, entrance fees.
- Twin shared accommodation in respective hotels.
- Tours and transfers with English speaking guide.
- All land transport in 4-Wheel Drive jeeps.
- Breakfast every day.
- EXTRAS – as applicable.
- Meals – lunch and dinner.