Chulu West Peak Climbing
Chulu West Peak Climbing (6419m) is a popular trekking peak in the Annapurna region and is situated in a little valley north of Manang. This is a peak that can be seen from the major Annapurna Thorung La Pass trail. Trekkers or mountaineers should have an idea that the climb is technical. The North West Ridge is the way to summit Chulu West offering superb Himalayan views of the Annapurna region. March – April and September, October, and November are the best times for climbing Chulu West. Unique Nepal Adventure Trek operates two different options for Chulu West Peak climbing. The first option will be to climb Chulu West and continue to trek to the Thorung La Pass. The second option will be to climb Chulu West and return the same way to Besisahar and back to Kathmandu.
Chulu West Peak Climbing commences from Besisahar after a 5-6 hour drive from Kathmandu. This is the district headquarters of Lamjung a neighboring district of Gorkha. From Besisahar, the trail leads slowly up towards the Manang valley, one of the highest valleys of the world situated at an altitude between 3500m and 5000m A days rest will be set aside to explore the Manang Valley and for acclimatization. From Manang, the route heads north up the valley to Chulu West Base Camp. Three days are set aside for the ascent of this peak and when we have succeeded, we head to Thorong La Pass and follow the same route for the Annapurna Circuit back to Kathmandu. Unique Nepal Adventure Trek can arrange the Chulu West Peak climbing itinerary according to your holiday schedule and wish you an amazing lifetime experience in the Nepal Himalayas.
Fact of Treks
Trek: Chulu West Peak
Trek starts: Nayapul or Phedi
Trek duration: 17 days
Grade: Moderate to challenging
Maximum altitude: 6501m
Minimum altitude: 920m
Minimum group size: 1 pax
Trek ends: Nayapul or Phedi
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Besisahar (820m) by bus or private vehicle. It takes (6-7 hrs) walk (2/3 hrs) Bulbule or Ngadi (900m) stay overnight at the lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Jagat or Chamje (1470m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Dharapani (2113m) or Danaque (2260m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Chame (2620m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Pisang (3250m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Manang (3540m) approximate time for the long way (8-9 hrs) Great views of Annapurna II (7937m) the Annapurna range and many more peaks. The approximate time for the short cut is (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Acclimatization day in Manang and do some hiking for a few hours.
Day 10: Trek to Yak Kharka (4100m) walking (5-6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Chulu West Base Camp (4030m) walking (4hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek to Chulu West High Camp (5000m) walking (6hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Start early morning for the summit (6419m) ascending (4 -5hrs) and take in the views and head back down to high camp. Stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek to Manang (3540m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 15: Trek to Chame elevation (2620m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 16: Chame to Besisahar by Local Jeep (5 hrs) Then Besisahar to Kathmandu by vehicle (6 hrs) and stay at a hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 17: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by the private vehicle.
- Two nights in Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast, and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in simple lodges or camping in twin shared tents with mattresses.
- All necessary equipment for camping & peak climbing.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well-informed trekking guide.
- One climbing guide and all of his expenses.
- Necessaries porter for luggage carry.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy, and extra helpers.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights), etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Necessaries transportation.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Climbing permit fee.
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, Fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits, etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls, and laundry service.
- The donation, tips, and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls, etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Climbing equipment such as climbing boots, crampon, etc. You can hire these items in Nepal.
Related Area Trek
|1. Mera Peak Climbing|
|2. Island Peak Climbing|
|3. Lobuche Peak Climbing|
|4. Pisang Peak Climbing|
|5. Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing|
|6. Chulu West Peak Climbing|
|7. Yala Peak Climbing|
|8. Paldor Peak Climbing|