Everest Renjo La Pass Trekking
The Everest Renjo La pass trekking is a great trekking route, having spectacular views, glaciers, plenty of lakes, and magnificent Everest views. This trek leads to the high pass Renjo-La (5430m), which is situated between the Thame valley on the way to the Tibet border Nangpa La and Gokyo valley.
The Everest Renjo La pass trek is at the head of Gokyo valley region and after visiting Gokyo valley and Gokyo Lake we head over the Renjo La pass (5430m). We then descend into the beautiful Thame valley and visit the villages of Marulung and Thame, which are very old and Thame also boasts a very old monastery. It offers breath-taking high mountain scenery through the Renjo La pass (5430m). Gokyo Ri has a superb view point from where we can see spectacular scenery of Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m) and Cho Oyu (8202m) as well as many more peaks above 6000m The Khumbu region has 3 sectors, Everest Base Camp side, Gokyo region and Thame valley. The Renjo La pass (5430m) Thame valley trek, provides breathtaking views, as well as a high challenging pass and much more including great views into Tibet. Everest Renjo la Pass trek is one of the beautiful trekking after visiting the Everest base camp chola Pass trek then gokyo valley then cross the Renjo la Pass.
The Everest Renjo La Pass trek starts from Lukla and ascends up to Namche Bazaar, which is the capital of the Sherpa people. Namche Bazaar is the best place to acclimatize, so we recommend staying here for a couple of nights and prepare for high altitude. Namche Bazaar has banks, internet, telephone, trekking equipment and nice food. The Dudh Koshi River is the main river in this region. After crossing the Renjo La Pass (5430m) the trail heads along the river bank of the Dudh Koshi River. The trail heads up the Gokyo valley where it mostly ascends and then after Renjo La pass, the trail then descends to Lukla.
Trek: Renjo La pass and Thame valley trek
Trek starts: Lukla
Trek duration: 16 days
Grade: Moderate & strenuous
Maximum altitude: 5430m
Minimum altitude: 2620m
Minimum group size: One pax
Trek ends: Lukla
Day 1: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Phakding (2620m) walking (4-5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 5: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar and visit the Khumjung valley where the school and Khunde Hospital are sponsored by Sir Edmund Hillary. We can also take in the spectacular mountain views of Everest (8848m), Ama Dablam (6860m), Thamserku (6720m) and Kwangde Peak (6100m). Then back to Namche Bazaar and stay overnight at same lodge.
Day 6: Trek to Dole (4200m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Machhermo (4470m) walking (4-5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 8: Trek to Gokyo valley (4760m) walking (4 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 9: Early morning ascend Gokyo Ri (5430m) for about two hours and return back to hotel and have some food. Then hike to the 4th and 5th lakes, which will take more than couple of hours to go there. We will also see huge glacier views and Everest from here and then trek back to Gokyo. Stay overnight at the same lodge.
Day 10: Early morning climb the Renjo La pass (5340m) walking (4 hrs) then descend to Marulung (4300m) walking (7-8 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Thame (3820m) walking (4 hrs) and explore the Thame Valley. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Namche or Phakding (2620m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Trek to Lukla (2820m) walking (4-5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Early morning fly back to Kathmandu (35 minutes) and transfer to your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 16: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights) etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Kathmandu to Lukla and Lukla to Kathmandu flight ticket including airport taxes.
- Sagarmatha National Park entrance fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.