Helambu Trek is a short and easy trek situated between the Shivapuri and Langtang National Park and easily accessed from Kathmandu. Helambu Trek offers many Monasteries to visitors, colorful rhododendron flowers, superb mountain views, picturesque Sherpa settlements, friendly people and after all unspoiled culture of the area. This trek is more like a cultural trek than the mountain and glacier expeditions. The people here think of themselves as Sherpa’s, but their relationship with the Sherpa of the Solukhumbu is distant. The dialects spoken are also different. People here follow the Buddhist religion, so you will find many old Buddhist monasteries in the villages. Tarkeghyang (3500m) where is the biggest monastery and many Buddhism pilgrimage go to pray there and another Sherpa town along the way, which bears its own story. Our trek starts from Kathmandu after driving by bus/car to Sundarijal, which is just 13kms from Kathmandu. We then continue to ascend to Chisopani where we spend the first night just outside the valley. Chisopani offers great views of the mountains and landscape. We then almost make a full circle going through Kutumsang, Tharepati, Tarkeghyang, and Sermathang and finally to Melamchi Pul Bazaar where we take the bus back to Kathmandu.
Helambu Trek starts from Sundarijal via Chisopani or Melamchi pul then a week fabulous trek will explore the local people lifestyle, their cultures as Tamang & Sherpa lifestyle cultures, traditions, languages, dress up and Buddhist religion and they have many monasteries in Tarkegyang which one is one of the main attracted to look in the trek. Then various natural beauties and many mountain views, as well as most of the local people, are a farmer and they have grown any kind of crops. They have a community village and always warm hospitality with tourist. Trek is fully Helambu circuit not same way going and back. The trek makes so much joyful and satisfied to anyone as well as unique Nepal adventure treks & expedition provides excellent expert trekking guide and stuff that will serve first-class services and explain detail about Nepal and related trek. Trek can be tremendous because our motto is to make satisfied to our clients in regional prices.
Trek: Helambu Trek
Trek starts: Sundarijal
Trek duration: 10 days
Grade: Moderate to strenuous
Maximum altitude: 3500m
Culture: Tibetan Sherpa Culture
Trek ends: Melamchi Pul Bazaar
Perfect Itinerary of Helambu Trek
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Sundarijal by private vehicle then trek to Chisapani (2215m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 03: Trek to Kutumsang (2470m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Tharepati (3510m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Melanchigaon (2530m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Tarkeghyang (2550m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Sermathang (2621m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (846m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Melamchi Pul Bazaar to Kathmandu by bus (6 hrs) and stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 10: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by the private vehicle.
- Two-night hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast before trek one nights after trek one night.
- Kathmandu to Sundarijal transportation by taxi or van depending on your group size.
- Trek endpoint transportation to Kathmandu by Public Minibus for staff and members.
- Accommodation in comfortable lodges.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast, and tea or coffee).
- Shivapuri National Park entry permit and applicable trekking permits.
- Insurance and all expenses for trekking staff.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS trekking information management system permit.
- first aid kit bag.
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, Fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits, etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls, and laundry service.
- The donation, tips, and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls, etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.