Ice Col Trekking
Ice Col Trekking, Sherpani Col, Extremely Adventure Cross 6135m:
The route from Makalu Base Camp to the Everest region, which we follow, is over Sherpani Col – West Col – Panch Pokhari and Amphu Lapcha. Basically all these passes lie on the three main ridges of Baruntse. The southeast ridge drops down to Sherpani Col at (6135m); the south ridge has West Col at (6143m), and the west ridge, which ultimately joins Ama Dablam dips down to (5850m) at Amphu Lapcha. Amphu Lapcha is probably the most demanding phase with some exposed snow and ice work. You will need plenty of rope and anchors, as there are two long descents to be set up. This can take a long time with porters! It could be 14 hours a day crossing the first two Cols. Our guides know how best to approach this problem and we would suggest you leave it to them You will need full mountaineering equipment and your party will need to be fit.
After the flight to Tumlingtar, we follow Ice Col Trekking trail as it emerges out of tranquil pastures and ascends the hidden Arun River valley. Climbing and descending gradually, taking us from villages at 457m to the Khongma Pass at 3090m, this trail gives us the best possible form of acclimatization. Beyond Num, there are no villages. The track climbs all the way to Neghe Kharka, crossing the Barun Khola flowing from Makalu. The route to Sherpani Col (6135m) involves a sustained period at altitude with some steep slopes, but rewards with powerful views of Makalu (8463m) to the north and the aptly named Island Peak (6160m) to the west. This is the realm of the glaciers, surrounded by the unforgettable presence of the world’s mightiest mountains and brooding above the towering bulk of Everest itself.
- Trek: Ice Col Trekking
- Trek: Fully Camping Organize
- Trek starts: Tumlingtar
- Trek duration: 28 days
- Grade: Strenuous Adventure
- Maximum altitude: 6135m
- Minimum group size: One pax
- Transportation: Flight
- Trek ends: Lukla
Trip Itinerary of Ice Col Trekking:
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and start trekking to Khandbari (1040m) (4hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 04: Trek to Chichila (1830m) (5/6 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 05: Trek to Num (1490m) (5 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 06: Trek to Seduwa (1460m) (5/6 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 07: Trek to Tashi Gaon (2070m) (5 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 08: Trek to Khongma La (3562m) (7 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 09: Rest / Exploration day at Khongma. Stay overnight at camp.
Day 10: Trek to Dobate walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 11: Trek to Yangri kharka (3610m) walking (7 hrs) stay at camp.
Day 12: Trek to Yak Kharkha (4972m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 13: Trek to Makalu base camp (4870m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 14: Explore Makalu Base Camp. Stay overnight at camp.
Day 15: Trek to Hillary Base Camp. Stay overnight at camp.
Day 16: Trek to High Camp. Stay overnight at camp.
Day 17: Exploration / Rest day stay at the same camp.
Day 18: Heading towards Sherpani Col (6135m), and Baruntse Base Camp. Stay overnight at camp.
Day 19: Trek to West Col (6143m) stay overnight at camp.
Day 20: Trek to Panch Pokhari. Stay overnight at camp.
Day 21: Trek to Amphu Lapcha (5850m) stay overnight at camp.
Day 22: Trek to Chukung (4730m) (6 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 23: Trek to Tengboche to (3860m) (4 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 24: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) (4 hrs) stay overnight at camp.
Day 25: Trek to Lukla (2820m) walking is (7 hrs) stay overnight at a nice camp.
Day 26: Flight: Lukla – Kathmandu (35 mins). Stay overnight at a nice Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 27: Just relaxing in Kathmandu.
Day 28: Final Departure Day, A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle
- Airport pick-up and drop off by the private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast, and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in a few simple lodges, but mainly camping in twin shared tents with mattress.
- All the necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well-informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy, and extra porters.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights), etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Return transportation from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar and Lukla by flight.
- Makalu and Sagarmatha National Park entrance fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee and departure tax. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, Fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits, etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls, and laundry service.
- Tips to Staff as Guide, Cook, Porter helpers assistants, etc.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls, etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.