Island Peak Climbing
Island Peak climbing is an extraordinary trek which combines an ascent of Island Peak with a visit to the famous lakes of the Gokyo area. We start from Lukla and trek slowly up the Dudh Kosi valley. After a few days, we branch off to Gokyo and climb Gokyo Ri for fantastic views of Cho Oyu (8201m). We then cross the Cho La pass (5360 m) and head for Everest Base Camp a further two to three days on. We will sleep at 5160 m and then an excursion to Everest Base Camp is followed by the climb of Kalapatthar (5545m) for fantastic views of Everest and many more mountains. We then descend to Dingboche and prepare for the climb of Island Peak. Island Peak Climbing is a popular peak climbing in Nepal and it is situated in the Everest region. Needed special climbing permit its cost is US $ Unique Nepal Adventure treks arrange best island peak climb. We make perfect itinerary regional cost provide first-class services. Similarly grown another outstanding viewing climbing Mera Peak (6474 m).
Island Peak Climbing was the name given to the mountain in 1952 by Eric Shipton’s party who thought it to be evocative of an island in a sea of ice. It is also known by its Nepali name of Imja Tse. The mountain is an extension of Lhotse Shar and is situated between the Lhotse and Imja glaciers, standing at 6160m We climb by the standard route and although the summit can be reached in one day from base camp, we make use of a high camp. The final ridge is a classic of its kind and fabulous views from the summit can be enjoyed of many Himalayan giants, including the immense south face of Lhotse (8516 m) and the huge peak of Ama Dablam (6765m). This trek is a tea-house trek, but at Island Peak Base Camp we will provide tents. After climbing Island Peak we will descend very easily to Pangboche and then onto Namche Bazaar. The expedition ends in Lukla, followed by the flight back to Kathmandu.
I have prepared short and long itineraries. You can select any itinerary according to your length of the holiday. There are 3 options, 23 days, 21 days and 17 days. Every itinerary has one extra day after trekking in Kathmandu in case of delay on the way and we can adjust that day as well.
Some Important Tips for Island Peak climbing:
How to get in Island Peak climbing? Island peak climbing is one of the best adventure climbing peaks in Everest region, first of all, Kathmandu to Lukla by flight 35 minutes then start the trek along the Everest base camp trek. Then success the climb same way back and fly back to Lukla to Kathmandu.
What kind of people and their cultures, religion, dress up lifestyle in Island peak region? The Island peak is situated in the Everest region and people are living Sherpa who lives near the Mountains. They have own typical culture, languages, dress up thick clothes because so cooling places, they have yaks, sheep’s, they have own festival and celebrate gathering the villagers, they are Buddhism and every village has a big or small monastery and some of the monks are living there. it is a beautiful place.
What types of natural beauties can we see on Island peak climbing? Island peak climbing is one of the beautiful peak where is we can see various natural beauties as highest white snow peaks, rivers, lakes, mountain goats, snow leopards, monkeys, deers, red panda, many kinds of birds as national birds Danfe, monal, yaks and different landscapes, mines source, etc.
What types of climbing gear do we need to prepare for Island peak climbing? Peak climbing is not as jock it is adventure fun and freezing cold. You must prepare at least the important climbing gear please click on the link for listing https://nepaladventureguide.com/nepal-mountaineering-information/ but wearing things are must prepare warm enough clothes.
Carry your important medicine: Medicine is very important if you have any disease you must carry the medicine with you. I mean “prevention is better than care” mountain region we can’t find any health care, clinic, and hospital if there is the clinic you may not get according to your problem medicine. So; I humble request please prepare if you are continually taking any medicine, please. It is very important but our company will provide something first aid kid bag normally as headache, fever, stomach problem as diarrhea, cough & cool some bandage, tape & Diamox for high altitude sickness, etc.
16 Days perfect Island peak Itinerary
Trek: Island Peak Climbing
Trek starts: Lukla
Trek duration: 16 days
Grade: Adventure & Challenging
Maximum altitude: 6160 m
Accommodation: Lodges and camping
Group size: up to 1 pax
Trek ends: Lukla
This is the shortest itinerary 16 days Island Peak climb. We make more or less days Itinerary as well. Another option is we make itinerary along Everest Base Camp.
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2800m) and trek to Phakding (2652 m) walking (4-5) hours stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6-7) hours stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Acclimatization day at Namche Bazaar with a visit to Khumjung village school and Khunde village hospital organized by Sir Edmund Hillary. We will also visit Everest View Hotel from where we will see the first views of Everest as well as Lhotse (8516m), Amadablam (6775m) Thamserku (6780m) and return to Namche Bazaar. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Tengboche Monastery (3860 m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4400m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Chhukung (4730 m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Island Peak Base Camp (5050m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight in tent.
Day 10: Trek to Island Peak high camp (5500m) walking (3 hrs) stay overnight in tent.
Day 11: Early morning start at 3 am to begin climbing Island Peak (6164m) taking 5-6 hours to get to the top. Take in the views and then descend to stay in the same place at high camp.
Day 12: Trek to Pangboche (3970m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Trek to Lukla (2800m) walking (8 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 15: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight (35 minutes) then transfer to hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 16: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pickup and drop off by the private vehicle.
- Three nights in Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast, and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses and camping at Island Peak.
- All necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One climbing Sherpa and all his expenses.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy, and extra porters.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights), etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Return transportation from Kathmandu to Lukla by flight.
- Island Peak climbing permit fee.
- Sagarmatha National Park fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, Fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits, etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls, and laundry service.
- The donation, tips, and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls, etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Climbing equipment such as climbing boots, crampon, etc. You can hire these items in Nepal.
Related peak climbing
|1. Mera Peak Climbing|
|2. Island Peak Climbing|
|3. Lobuche Peak Climbing|
|4. Pisang Peak Climbing|
|5. Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing|
|6. Chulu West Peak Climbing|
|7. Yala Peak Climbing|
|8. Paldor Peak Climbing|