Jomsom Muktinath Trekking
Jomsom Muktinath trekking is a popular trail in the Annapurna region, where you will enjoy different spectacular Himalayan views including Dhaulagiri (8167m), Annapurna I (8091m), Nilgiri (7040m), Annapurna south (7219m), Annapurna II (7937m), Annapurna III (7555m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Hiun Chuli (6441m), Fishtail/ Machhapuchhre (6998m), Tukuche Peak (6920m), Lamjung Himal (6586m) etc. You can enjoy the mixed culture such as Bramin, Chhetri, Thakali, Magar, Gurung etc, amongst the beautiful landscapes. Pilgrimage trekking tours are both prevalent for Hinduism and Buddhist in the Annapurna Himalayan range. Jomsom Muktinath trekking commences with a 15 minute early morning flight from Pokhara to Jomsom, the major trading centre in lower Mustang. From Jomsom, we head north to Kagbeni along the river side way of the Kali Gandaki, an ancient fortress settlement on the border of Upper Mustang. Kagbeni has many interesting aspects and its ways of life have changed little, although some rather inappropriate concrete lodges which have been built over the last few years hardly compliment what is otherwise a lovely little place. The following day is a four hour hike through arid country up to the Muktinath temple. The landscape here gradually gives way to the Tibetan plateau, providing some fascinating rock formations on route. Rather than spending overnight at Muktinath (which over the years has become bland) we retrace our steps for an hour or so to reach Jharkot village. Jharkot village has in the main managed to retain its traditional way of life.
The following few days are spent travelling back along the Kali Gandaki gorge (Kali Gandaki Gorge is deepest gorge in the world) passing through many fascinating Thakali villages along the way. Marpha village in particular is a very pleasant “stop off” point. It is famous for its apple brandy (you can visit the brewery). From Marpha towards the village of Kalapani, the scenery changes, becoming much more alpine. A further two days of trekking through pine forests towards Tatopani (Natural hot spring) where we enjoy taking a bath. Two more days are spent trekking up before reaching Ghorepani Poon Hill for the sun rise over the Himalayas. Ghorepani Poon Hill is probably the best Himalayan panoramic view in the Annapurna Region. On our return we stop for one night in the beautiful large Gurung village of Ghandruk and witness great views of Annapurna South and Machhapuchre. Our last day is an easy descent to Nayapul, where transport awaits for the one & half hour journey to the hotel in Pokhara. A very rewarding trek providing insight into different cultures as well as a wide range of scenery and tremendous mountain views.
Jomsom – Muktinath (12 Days)
Trek: Jomsom Muktinath
Trek starts: Jomsom
Trek duration: 12 days
Grade: Moderate to strenuous
Maximum altitude: 3800m
Minimum altitude: 800m
Minimum group size: One pax
Trek ends: Nayapul
Jomsom – Muktinath (12 Days) Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Nepal Adventure Guide will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Pokhara by bus (6-7 hrs) (202kms) by flight (45 mins) stay overnight at a hotel in Pokhara near the Lake side.
Day 04: Pokhara to Jomsom (2713m) by flight (15 mins) than trek to Kagbeni (2810m).Walking (4 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Muktinath (3800m).Walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Marpha (2613m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Kalopani / Lete (2412m) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Tatopani /Natural Hot Spring (1179m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Ghorepani (2750m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Early in the morning Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will take you to Poon Hill (3210m) which will take about an hour to ascend for excellent Himalayan views of Dhaulagiri (8167m), Nilgiri (7041m), Fishtail/Machhapuchhre (6998m), Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna II (7939m), Annapurna III (7555m), Annapurna IV (7525m), Annapurna South (7219m), Hiun Chuli (6441m), Lamjung Himal (6986m),Tukuche Peak (6920m) etc, then back to the hotel and take breakfast and trek to Nayapul (1070m) walking (7 hrs) End of trek and back to Pokhara by vehicle an hour and 20 minutes (45kms) stay overnight at a hotel in Pokhara.
Day 11: Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus (6-7 hrs) (202kms) or by flight (45 mins) and stay overnight at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 12: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Welcome & farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu hotel three nights before trek two nights and after trekking one night.
- Pokhara Hotel two nights before trek one night after trek one night.
- Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara and Pokhara to Kathmandu with a comfortable seat by tourist bus.
- Pokhara to Jomsom flight ticket with airport tax.
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses.
- Private vehicle from Nayapul to Pokhara.
- All meals during the trek (Lunch, Dinner and Breakfast and tea or coffee).
- All expenses for guides and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights) etc.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Annapurna Conservation Areas Project entry fees.
- TIMS Card (Trekking Information Management System) Fees.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots, camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
If you are really interested in doing this trek, but cannot get the exact holiday schedule, then please contact me. I will arrange a schedule according to the days you have. I am always looking forward your enquiry.
Releted Area Trek
|1. Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking|
|2. Annapurna Base Camp Trekking|
|3. Annapurna Circuit Trekking|
|4. Narphu Valley Trekking|
|5. Jomsom Muktinath Trekking|