Karnali River Rafting
The Karnali River Rafting is one of the best rivers of the world for the rafting; it is situated in the far western part of Nepal and flows in the western untouched and remote world of the Himalayan foothills. It is the longest and largest river in Nepal, offering steep and challenging white water and elusive wilderness. Kathmandu to Butwal by bus will take around 10 hours or by flight and stay overnight at the lodge. On the second day we drive to Surkhet for a two days walking trip and then onto the start point for rafting in Karele Ghat. From here you will enjoy a great few days of rafting. If you do this trip once in your lifetime, you will have a wonderful experience that you will thoroughly enjoy.
Rafting name: Karnali River Rafting
Rafting permit: Compulsory
Rafting duration: 9 days
River distance: 170 kms
Group size (per boat): 1 to 8 people
Rafting type: Tent Camp / Organize
River Grade: 4+
Possible optional trip to: Bardia National Park for an excellent safari trip or drive back to Kathmandu.
Departure: Any days you require
Best season: Spring and autumn
Transport: By drive or by flight
We provide you high quality equipment such as a self bailing raft, American Cup life jackets, white water helmets, Carlisle paddles, advance rescue Kayaks, 100 percent water proof barrels, dry bags, first aid kit, two person tent, dry jacket, sleeping bags, mattress and professional raft guide. (Well trained on emergency, medical, technical and River safety).
We are always conscious of serving hygienic yummy meals, sterilized drinking water on the trips. Our chefs are Knowledgeable in Nepalese and international cuisines. The vegetables are iodine treated. We provide tin packed and fresh food.
All our guides are skilled outdoors men, superb chefs and great companions. Our guides are trained at international standards and have spent several years rowing for leading raft companies.
What should I bring for rafting?
On the Raft Off the Raft
Trainer/Teva type sandals
Warm fleece jacket
Good sleeping bag
Day 1: Drive to Bhutwal by private bus or local bus or by flight then overnight at lodge or camp at Bhutwal.
Day 2: Drive to Surkhet and overnight camping.
Day 3: Trek from Surkhet to Dhanigad, overnight camping.
Day 4: Trek from Dhanigad to Kareleghat, camp at the river bank.
Day 5: Rafting from Kareleghat and overnight camping.
Day 6: Rafting day and camping on the beach.
Day 7: Rafting day, camping on the beach near the confluence of the Seti River.
Day 8: Rafting day, camping on the beach after passing Bijura Village.
Day 9: Rafting to Chisapani, end of the trip then drive back to Kathmandu by local bus or by private bus.
- During rafting full board of meals as (lunch, dinner and breakfast with tea or coffee)
- Accommodation as tented camp or lodge.
- All the transportation until arriving in Kathmandu.
- Government and local areas taxes fees where is applicable.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
Releted Area Trek
|1. Trisuli Rever Rafting|
|2. Bhotekoshi River Rafting.|
|3. Sunkoshi River Rafting|
|4. Kaligandaki River Rafting|
|5. Seti River Rafting|
|6. Karnali River Rafting|
|7. Arun River Rafitng|
|8. Marshyandi River Rafitng|