Mera Peak Climbing
Mera Peak Climbing gives an opportunity to all the experienced trekkers and amateur climbers who dream and dares to stand on a Himalayan summit with a sense of great achievement. Amongst the trekking peaks in Nepal, Mera peak (6476 m) is the highest permitted trekking peak, situated to the south of Everest dominating the watershed of the thickly wooded and remote Hinku valley. In this Mera Peak trek, we arrange a tea house and camping. It is not mandatory that you have prior climbing experience, as this is a non-technical trekking climbing peak in Nepal. But we must spend the night at Mera high camp 5800m. It is a beautiful peak from where the view will be outstanding including Everest above the 8000m all in the Everest region. Mera Peak climbing is one of the outstanding trekking peaks from where a climber can have viewed all of five above eight thousand peaks. It makes a wonderful journey. Mera Peak Climbing is an authentic adventure, 13/15 days itinerary, need a climbing permit and experienced sherpa climber, wilderness trek and sherpa community.
It commences from Kathmandu flying to Lukla (2820m) in 35 minutes. The trail then crosses over the pass of Zatrwa La (4640 m) and then onto the beautiful village Quarte (3510m). A further three days trekking takes us to Khare (4900m) and here we should acclimatization for the success of Mera Peak, before advancing to Base Camp. Even though the Mera Peak Climbing expedition is technically straightforward, there are some crevasses to moving around, and the route can be long and demanding after a fresh snowfall. The climb from Mera La (5415 m) on the northern face to the summit is gradual with an outstanding mountain panorama of the Eastern Nepal Himalayas always in sight. The peaks are visible include Everest (8848m), Cho-Oyu (8201m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8463 m), Kanchenjunga (8586m), Nuptse (7855 m) and Chamlang (7319 m) amongst many more above 6000m and below 8000m. Mera peak climbing is one of the best views for Everest region eastern part mountains including the highest 3rd Kanchenjunga 8586m. it is real trekking peak means not a too worse trail but last part 40 meter is a technical difficulty but we use all climbing gears for safety.
We will organize a special basic climbing clinic course at Mera Peak base camp instructed by the Climbing Guide, to ensure that you have the necessary climbing skills and have the confidence to summit successfully.
The highlight of Mera Peak:
Mera peak is one of the most beautiful peak from where view of above the 8 thousand meters 5 mountains which are situated in eastern part and world’s highest mountains as Mt. Everest 8848m, Kanchenjunga 8586m, Lhotse 8516m, Makalu 8436 & Cho Oyu 8202 m these mountains are above the 8 thousand in Everest region world has 14 mountain but Nepal has 8 & other countries have 6. The Mera top is one of the best viewings above the 6000m white snow peak as well as low land of a hilly region its massive viewing peak climbing. Related peak in Everest region Island Peak 6160 m & Lobuche Peak 6300m also very nice and famous peak to climb.
Start from Kathmandu to Lukla flight then trek to the right part of the Everest region means not along the Everest region it is in Makalu Barun part. It is beautiful something 13 day’s program and can summit. Starting off a couple of days must cross the 4600m Jatrala it makes great acclimatize to do Mera Peak. There are some local villages but not too many people living and they have mainly yak and cow animals. It is easy to access and easy climbing peak as trekking peak but needs to spend the night highest places is Mera High camp 5800m. It is one of the best peak climbing in Nepal and the main attraction villages are Quarry, Thagna & Khare. The Mera Peak climb makes so much delight to anyone who wants to climb the trekking peak.
Fact of Treks
Trek: Mera Peak
Trek starts: Lukla
Trek duration: 13 to 15 days walking
Grade: Moderate to challenging
Maximum altitude: 6476 m
Accommodation: Lodge or tent
Best months: Sep-Oct-Nov-Dec & Mar-Apr-May
Group size: Minimum 1 pax
Trek ends: Lukla
Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Early morning flight to Lukla (2820m) then trek to Chhutanga (3310m) walking (4 hrs) stay overnight at nice Lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Chhetrabu (4170m) walking (7 hrs) and cross over the pass of Zatrwa La (4640m) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Quarte (3510m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Thagna (4350m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Khare (4900m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Acclimatisation day, trekking to the Mera La (5415 m) and back to Khare (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Mera High Camp (5800m) walking (5-6 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Early morning start with tea or coffee and start to climb at 2 or 3 am and we will summit around 9 or 10 am Take in the views and back to camp for a hot meal and then trek to Khare (4900m) walking more than (10 hrs).
Day 11: Trek to Quarte (3510m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Chhetrabu (4170m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Trek to Lukla (2820m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Lukla to Kathmandu by flight (35 minutes) stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pickup and drop off by the private vehicle.
- Three nights in Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast, and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses and camping.
- All the necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well-informed trekking guide.
- One climbing Sherpa and all of his expenses.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy, and extra porters.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights), etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Return transportation from Kathmandu to Lukla by flight.
- Mera Peak climbing permit fee.
- Sagarmatha National Park fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees).
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, Fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits, etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls, and laundry service.
- Tips to Guide and Donation, and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls, etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Climbing equipment such as climbing boots, crampon, etc. You can hire these items in Nepal.
Related Area Trek
|1. Mera Peak Climbing|
|2. Island Peak Climbing|
|3. Lobuche Peak Climbing|
|4. Pisang Peak Climbing|
|5. Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing|
|6. Chulu West Peak Climbing|
|7. Yala Peak Climbing|
|8. Paldor Peak Climbing|