Pisang Peak Climbing
Pisang Peak Climbing 6092m rises above Pisang village and thriving green Yak pastures to a consistent slope of ice and snow to the final pyramid like summit. Pisang Peak is one of the easier climbing peaks amongst the trekking peaks of Nepal. To reach the base camp from Pisang village, the path ascends through bare forested areas and pastureland to Kharka (4380m), which is considered the ideal place for setting up Base Camp. High Camp is set up at 5400m, after climbing to a shoulder on the South-West Ridge. There is snow at the high camp from the end of November to the end of March. The well-defined ridge leads to the final snow slope, which is quite steep; however, it is not complicated to reach the summit. The descent is made along the same route. Although this climb is considered to be among the easier ones of the Himalayan region, a reasonably high level of physical fitness and health is still strongly recommended.
This appealing climb starts from Besisahar in the Valley of the Marsyangdi River. The trail leads you through vastly contrasting flora & fauna towards the majestic peak of Manaslu and Lamjung Himal. A major intersection of the trail meets at Dharapani while trekking through Larkya La. The Massif of Manang valley is rich in unique culture and landscapes and the Annapurna and Damodar peaks dominate the valley. The trail from here follows a demanding walk to Pisang Peak. A technical division takes you to a place from where you can catch the complete panorama of the Annapurna Range. The trail then ascends from the Manang valley to reach the top of the Thorong Pass at 5416m After this you have a chance to visit the famous temple of Muktinath (3802m). The final part of the trek takes you to Jomsom from where a flight transports you across the great Himalayas to Pokhara.
Fact of Treks
Trek: Pisang Peak
Trek starts: Besisahar
Trek duration: 24 days
Maximum altitude: 6092m
Minimum altitude: 820m
Minimum group size: 1 pax
Trek ends: Jomsom
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Kathmandu to Besisahar (820m) by bus or private vehicle. It takes (6-7) hours and stay overnight at lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Bahundanda or Ghermuphant (1300m) (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 5: Trek to Chamje (1470m) walking (7-8 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 6: Trek to Dharapani (2113m) walking (7-8 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 7: Trek to Chame (2620m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 8: Trek to Pisang (3250m) walking (7 hrs) Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 9: Acclimatization day and excursion up a hill nearby. Stay overnight at same lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Pisang Base Camp (4380m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek to High Camp (5400m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Pisang Peak summit day (6092m) and back to camp.
Day 13: Trek back to Pisang elevation (3250m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 14: Trek to Manang (3540m) walking (8-9 hrs) Great view of Annapurna II (7937m) and the Annapurna range with many more peaks. Short way (6 hrs) Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 15: Acclimatization day in Manang hiking for a few hours.
Day 16: Trek to Yak Kharka (4100m) walking (5-6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 17: Trek to Thorong Phedi (4441m) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 18: Trek to Muktinath. An early morning start from Phedi leads us to high camp (4850m) then head to Thorong La (5416m) (6 hrs). Then descend all the way to Muktinath (3800m) (2 hrs). Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 19: Trek to Jomsom (2670m) (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 20: Jomsom to Pokhara by flight and stay at a hotel near the lake side area.
Day 21: Relaxing and sightseeing in Pokhara valley.
Day 22: Pokhara to Kathmandu by bus (6-7 hrs) (202kms) or by flight (45mins) stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 23: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 24: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in lodges or guest houses.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights) etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Transportation from Kathmandu to Besisahar by tourist bus.
- Nayapul to Pokhara by private vehicle or Jomsom to Pokhara by flight and Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus or by flight.
- Two nights in a Pokhara hotel with breakfast.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Project entrance fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee and departure tax. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Climbing equipment such as climbing boots, crampon, etc. You can hire these items in Nepal.
Related Area Trek
|1. Mera Peak Climbing|
|2. Island Peak Climbing|
|3. Lobuche Peak Climbing|
|4. Pisang Peak Climbing|
|5. Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing|
|6. Chulu West Peak Climbing|
|7. Yala Peak Climbing|
|8. Paldor Peak Climbing|