Rara Lake Trekking
Rara Lake Trekking commences by flying from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and then from Nepalgunj to Jumla before we can start the trek. Rara Lake lies in the remote Karnali region, north-west of Kathmandu. The region is made-up of long ridges covered with forests and an alpine pasture enclosed with high valleys. The trail is yet “off the beaten path”, as there are scenes and the glimpse of culture, lifestyles of people living in the region are really different from the rest of the country. Moreover, the major attraction of the region is that there lies one of the biggest lakes in Nepal. Alongside the trail, there are picturesque villages with a distinctive culture and traditions of the local people residing in the area, which provides visitors a unique experience and makes them, feel wonderful on their holiday. Rara Lake Trekking is best trekking in Nepal visiting in Rara lake big and deep lake where is wonderful journey to explore the landscapes and nature of them
The major attraction in the Rara Lake Trekking is the Rara National Park. It is considered to be the dream for any nature lover, as it provides a look at many rare species of animals and birds including the gaur, serow, musk deer, yellow-throated martin and a wide variety of birds such as the impressive Monal, Kalij and dove are also in the park. It is a beautiful trekking region which will leave you very satisfied and happy and if you really want to see real typical cultural Nepali people and natural beauty then trek to the Rara Lake area.
Trek: Rara Lake
Trek starts: Jumla
Trek duration: 17 days
Grade: Strenuous & moderate
Maximum altitude: 3270m
Minimum altitude: 2370m
Mode: Full camping
Trek ends: Jumla
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by flight (45 minutes) and stay at a hotel in Nepalgunj.
Day 4: Nepalgunj to Jumla (2370m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek to Danphe Langa (3130m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Trek to Chautha (2770m) overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek to Dhotu (2380m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Trek to Lago Rara (2750m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Rara Lake (3040m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Rest and explore Rara Lake then stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Rara Lake to Gorosingha (3200m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek to Sinja (2440m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Sinja to Jaljala Chaur (3270m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Jaljala Chaur to Jumla (2370m) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Fly from Jumla to Nepalgunj and then from Nepalgunj to Kathmandu and stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 16: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 17: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Welcome and farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation twin sharing tents with mattress warm enough.
- Return flights from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj and Nepalgunj to Jumla.
- All necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- Dependent on group size, Sherpa, cook, kitchen boy and extra porters.
- All expenses for all stuff – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Rara Lake trek special trekking permit fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees).
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.