Rupina La Pass Larkya La Pass Trekking
Rupina La Pass Larkya La Pass Trekking is a challenging trek in a less touristy area within the Manaslu region of Nepal. It was officially opened to tourists in 1991 and mountaineering expeditions have had access to the area for many years. In 1950, a party led by H.W. Tillman trekked from Thonje to Bimtang and Col. Jimmy Roberts crossed the Larkya La Pass looking for an interesting mountain to climb. Manaslu (8163m) was attempted by Japanese expeditions every year from 1952 until 1956 when the first ascent was made. Having become known as the “Japanese Mountain”, much of the information about the area was available in Japanese. The Japanese continued to dominate the climbing scene of Manaslu until 1971. Rupina La Pass Larkya La Pass Trekking is best trekking in Nepal camping trekking in Manaslu region best high pass trek and culture and religion trek
Rupina La Pass Larkya La Pass Trekking including the peripatetic Hugh Swift managed to obtain the trekking permits for the region, but otherwise this trek always has been the domain of the mountaineering expedition. Rupina La Pass trekking is geographically spectacular and culturally fascinating circumnavigating Manaslu (8163m), Nadi Chuli Peak 29 (7871m) Himal Chuli (7893m) and Boudha Himal (6672m). Mostly the trek offers superb Himalayan scenery, lush valleys, beautiful landscapes, wild animals and birds in predominantly Tibetan culture. We cross the Rupina La Pass (4643m) and descend to the Marsyangdi River and further trek down to Besisahar from where we will drive back to Kathmandu.
Trek: Rupina La Pass (4643m) and Larkya La Pass (4930m)
Trek starts: Kerabari
Trek duration: 24 days
Maximum altitude: 4930m
Minimum altitude: 1143m
Mode: Hotel, camping and lodge
Trek ends: Bhulbule or Besisahar
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Kathmandu to Gorkha (1143m) by bus (5 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 4: Trek to Kerabari (1643m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 5: Trek to Baluwa (2347m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 6: Trek to Laprak (2930m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 7: Trek to Phedi (3847m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 8: Acclimatization day and excursion around camp.
Day 9: Trek to Glacier Camp (4340m), via Rupina La Pass (4643m) walking (8 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 10: Trek to Guwapkharka (2530m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 11: Trek to Near Gompa (2300m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 12: Trek to Deng (2343m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 13: Trek to Ghap (2380m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 14: Trek to Lho Gaon (3020m) walking (7 hrs)stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 15: Trek to Samagaon (3390m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 16: Rest day and explore the Gompa and Birendra Kunda stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 17: Samagaon to Samdo (3700m) walking (4-5 hrs)stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 18: Samdo to Dharamsala (4460m) walking (5 hrs)stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 19: Dharamsala / cross Larkya La (4930m) to Bhimtang (3590m) walking (8-9 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 20: Bimtang to Tilje (2300m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 21: Tilje to Jagat (1300m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 22: Jagat to Bhulbule (840m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 23: Drive back to Kathmandu (7 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 24: A representative ofUnique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Welcome & farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Three nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in simple lodges or camping in twin shared tents with mattress.
- All necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy and extra porters
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus) etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Kathmandu to Gorkha and Besisahar to Kathmandu by bus or by private vehicle.
- Manaslu fees (See the ‘Trekking Permits’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees).
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
Releted Area Trek
|1. Everest three pass trek|
|2. Tashi Lapcha Pass trek|
|3. Ice Col sherpani Col trek|
|4. Ganjala Pass trek|
|5 .Dhaula giri trek|
|6. Pangsang pass in Ruby Valley trek|
|7. Rupinala Pass trek|
|8. Kang la Pass in Nar Phu trek|