Tamang Heritage Trekking
Tamang Heritage trekking is just a day’s bus journey from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi. The trek then heads into an area where the Tamang people live. They have been situated in this part of Nepal several years ago. They speak their own native language and have their own culture, as well as having a similarity of Tibetan culture because they are very near the Tibetan border. Tamang rituals, Tibetan culture, festivals, traditional architecture, costumes, local Syabru dances make the exposure to this culture very unique. There is a view point at Goljung Pass, from where scenery to the Langtang region and Kerung (Tibet) can be awe inspiring. Visitors will get an opportunity to observe Syabru, Mane and other local dances at Goljung and Gatlang VDC’s. The villages also sell exclusive handicraft items such as traditional caps, mufflers and other items. At Briddim, you get to experience the famous Tamang hospitality, where there are home stay facilities in 24 houses. Tamang Heritage Trekking is one of the best destination for short and sweet trek in Nepal.
The Tamang Heritage trek is a superb introduction to trekking in Nepal among some stunning scenery, with rich Tamang culture. Many years ago, Nepal fought with Tibet for salt and some of the major areas where this war took place, is in the Langtang Region of Nepal. This area is associated to Tibet and the trails in the region are used by traders from Tibet, bartering in salt and mountain goats for meat (changra) with foodstuffs from the south. The people of this region are mostly Tibetans who came from Kerung in Tibet. The trek starts and finishes from Syabru Besi in the Langtang region and we then return by bus or private vehicle to Kathmandu. The trekking is unique and cultural, as well as having natural beauty.
Some Important Tips for Tamang Heritage Trek
Hot to get in Tamang heritage Trek? Tamang heritage trekking is situated in Langtang valley trekking north part of Nepal joining with Tibet border. Trek start from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi by local or private vehicle 7 hours drive from Kathmandu then next day trek will start. Trek will continue to Gatlang village & natural hot spring then timure and back to syabrubesi back to Kathmandu. Tamang heritage trek is short & sweet trek to explore the unique nature & culture.
What kind of people, culture, religion, and languages can we explore in Gosainkunda Trek? People are living Tamang who have typical lifestyle, traditional cultures, they have very old houses big villages, speaking own languages, most of the people farmer they grow potatoes, corn, wheat more, they use for food what they produce, they have many animals, cows, yaks, sheep’s, goats & horses. They have tradition but unique cultures 7 wearing warm enough clothes because most of the time will be cold weather. Old man & woman are working in farm and in home. They are totally looking different and always pleasant faces. They are Buddhist & they have small or big monasteries every village.
What kind of nature beauty could we see in Gosainkunda trek? Tamang heritage trek is one of the beautiful nature region where is big rivers and producing many hydro power, landscapes are unique green hill and what snow mountains, most of the people are farmer they are growing many kind of vegetables and crops, main thing is potatoes, chilime hydro power is biggest hydro power in Nepal and it is in this trekking. We can see many wild animals as Himalayan thar, dear, monkey, red panda, and many types of birds. Hot spring is one of the best attraction parts for this trekking even yellow color. Houses are very typical made by wooden & stone. People are very honest and frankly.
What kind of trekking gears do we need for Gosainkunda trekking? Tamang heritage trekking is one of the easiest trek but cooling weather most of the time so we must prepare warm enough clothes as jackets, good sleeping bag, trekking boot, some pair walking comfort paints, fleece, some, T-shorts fine then comfort day pack and 2 letter water bottle, sun cream, sun hat, head light etc.
Carry your important medicine: Medicine is very important if you have any disease you must carry the medicine with you. I mean “prevention is better than care” mountain region we can’t find any health care, clinic, and hospital if there is clinic you may not get according to your problem medicine. So; I humble request please prepare if you are continually taking the any medicine please. It is very important but our company will provide something first aid kid bag normally as headache, fever, stomach problem as diarrhea, cough & cool some bandage, tape & Diamox for high altitude sickness etc.
Trek: Tamang Heritage site in Langtang region
Trek starts: Syabru Besi
Trek duration: 11 days
Maximum altitude: 2607m
Minimum altitude: 1467m
Grade: Easy and medium
Walking: 5-6 hours
Trek ends: Syabru Besi
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1467m) by bus (9 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 04: Trek to Gatlang (2238m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 05: Trek to Tatopani (2607m) (natural hot spring) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 06: Trek to Thuman (2338m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 07: Trek to Timure (1762m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 08: Trek to Briddim (2229m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 09: Trek to Syabru Besi (1467m) walking (4 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Syabru Besi to Kathmandu by bus (9 hrs) and stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 11: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by private vehicle.
- Three nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast before trek two nights after trek one night.
- Welcome & farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu sightseeing by private vehicle with expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu to Syabru Besi to Kathmandu transportation by bus or by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast and tea or coffee).
- Langtang National Park entrance permits fees.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- All expenses for Nepali stuff as guide and porters (salary, meal, accommodation, transportation and insurance for health etc).
- Local & Government taxes where is applicable.
- First aid kid bag.
- Nepalese entry visa fee. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls and laundry service.
- Donation, tips and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
Releted Area Trek
|1. Langtang valely trekking|
|2. Gosainkunda pass trek|
|3. Helambu Trek|
|4. Ganjala pass trek|