Yala Peak Climbing
Yala Peak Climbing 5637m is a famous and non-technical trekking peak lying in the Langtang region north of the Kathmandu valley. As Yala Peak is not difficult for climbing, the prior climbing experience is not required, but previous outdoor experience and the average level of fitness is recommended. The professional climbing Sherpa/Guide will take you safely to the summit of Yala Peak. Our company will arrange the Langtang valley trekking with good acclimatization making it a memorable expedition for you.
We arrange the bus journey from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi and then walk through the dense forest and traditional ethnic group Tamang settlements until Kyanjin Gompa. Then we continue trekking to Yala Peak Base Camp where stunning panoramic Himalayan scenery of Langtang Lirung (7246m), Langtang Himalaya range, Lenpo Gang (7083m), Dorje Lakpa (6988m), Naya Khanga (5846m) and the mighty Shishapangma (8013m) on the Tibetan side is viewed. Our climbing Sherpa will provide you with short training upon arrival at Yala Peak Base Camp. Next morning, our Sherpa will take you carefully to the summit of Yala Peak. In case of bad weather, all of our trekking staff and guide will stay for another night at Yala Peak Base Camp for another attempt. If a client has enough time, the guide will take to you Gosaikunda Helambu trekking for superb Himalayan views; otherwise, it will be the same return to Kathmandu.
Fact of Treks
Trek: Yala Peak
Trek starts: Syabru Besi
Trek duration: 15 days
Maximum altitude: 5500m
Grade: Moderate to strenuous
Culture: Tibetan Sherpa Culture
Trek ends: Dunche
Trekking route: Syabru Besi/Langtang village/ Kyanjin Gompa/ Yala Peak
Himalaya location: Langtang Himalaya range, Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal
Day 1: Arrive at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu and a representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will welcome and transfer you to your selected hotel by private vehicle.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu valley by private vehicle with an expert tour guide.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple)
- Boudhanath Stupa (Large white Buddhist Stupa)
- Pashupatinath (Hindu Temple)
- Patan Durbar Square (Ancient city)
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square (55-window palace)
Day 3: Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1470m) by bus (8-9 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 4: Trek to Lama Hotel (2805m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 5: Trek to Langtang village (3540m) walking (6-7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 6: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3840m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 7: Here are 2 options for excursion day one Kyanjin Ri (4770m) and Tserko Ri (4980m) walking (4 hrs) where we can explore all Langtang peaks. Then we go back to Kyanjin Gompa and stay overnight at the same lodge.
Day 8: Trek to Yala Base Camp (5050m) walking (5 hrs) stay overnight at tented camp.
Day 9: Climb Yala Peak (5560m) ascending (4 hrs) and back to camp and have something eat and trek back to Kyanjin Gompa. Stay overnight at lodge.
Day 10: Trek to Lama Hotel (2805m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 11: Trek to Syabru village (2200m) walking (7 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 12: Trek to Dunche (1950m) walking (6 hrs) stay overnight at lodge.
Day 13: Dunche to Kathmandu by bus (7 hrs) and stay at your selected hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Souvenir and sightseeing in Kathmandu.
Day 15: A representative of Unique Nepal Adventure Trek will drop you off at Tribhuvan International Airport by private vehicle.
- Airport pick-up and drop off by the private vehicle.
- Four nights in your selected Kathmandu hotel with breakfast.
- A full day’s sightseeing in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- All meals during the trek (lunch, dinner, breakfast, and tea or coffee).
- Accommodation in simple lodges or camping in twin shared tents with mattress. All necessary equipment for camping.
- One English speaking government trained license holder and well informed trekking guide.
- One porter for two people to carry luggage.
- Dependent on group size, cook, kitchen boy, and extra porters.
- All expenses for guide and porters – meals, accommodation, salary, equipment, insurance, transportation (bus/flights), etc.
- First Aid kit bag.
- Government and local area taxes where applicable.
- TIMS card fees (Trekking Information Management System).
- Kathmandu to Syabru Besi and Dunche to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- Climbing fee.
- One climbing guide and all of his expenses.
- Nepalese entry visa fee and departure tax. (See the ‘Visa Information’ link under ‘Trekking Info’ for current fees)
- Travel insurance.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks (mineral water, hot water, coke, Fanta, beer, spirits, etc).
- Snacks (Chocolate, biscuits, etc).
- Hot water, hot shower, heater charge, battery charge, phone calls, and laundry service.
- The donation, tips, and personal expenses.
- Emergency evacuation and medical equipment.
- Hire equipment and other personal items (sleeping bag, down jacket, hiking boots camera, toilet rolls, etc).
- In case of natural calamities i.e. political unrest, cancellation of flight due to weather, landslides, etc, the extra charge will be borne by themselves.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Climbing equipment such as climbing boots, crampon, etc. You can hire these items in Nepal.
Related Area Trek
|1. Mera Peak Climbing|
|2. Island Peak Climbing|
|3. Lobuche Peak Climbing|
|4. Pisang Peak Climbing|
|5. Tharpu Chuli Peak Climbing|
|6. Chulu West Peak Climbing|
|7. Yala Peak Climbing|
|8. Paldor Peak Climbing|